Nigeria celebrated it's 54th Independence on October 1 and many folks (me included) celebrated along with our Nigerian friends at parties and happy hour festivities throughout the weekend. Aside from great music, people and parties, Naija is also a hotspot for some of our favorite fashion brands. In honor of Nigerian fashion, I decided to round out this year's festivities by putting together 12 of my favorite 2014 looks by Nigerian designers, stylists and fashionistas; one look for every month of the year.
1. & 2. Let's start with a double dose of Folake Huntoon of @stylepantry wearing @virgoslounge
3. Nigerian TV Producer @Fadeogunro looked radiant in a @lisafolawiyo design
4. MTV Base Africa VJ @stephaniecoker wins a 2014 BET Award for Best Outfit wearing @iconicinvanity
5. @ldacouture 's color storm collection was the definition of elegance
6. Nigerian artist @temidollface was captivating in this @kisuaonline design
7 & 8. Super model @oluchi1 serves up another double dose of fabulous, first in a design by @lisafolawiyo and then in pieces from @clan_diaries
9. Fashion Journalist @veronicagledhill was caught fashionably strutting the streets of 2014 New York Fashion Week in a design by Maki Oh
10. @traceeellisross has an undeniable sense of style and she is true to her fashionable form in this @duroolowu dress at the Larry King Show
11. Angela Simmons is delicate and forcefully feminine all at once as she poses in this dress by @clan_diaries
12. And last but certainly not least, the super talented stylist @styleismything put together one of my favorite looks of the year which features a gorgeous custom lace dress by Nigerian designer @topefnr
All photos from Instagram.